Convenor: South Alive office
Telephone: 218 6882
Ensure that events/projects that are run by South Alive are professionally presented, safe and promote community participation and local pride.
What have we done?
- Developed the South Alive name / logo
- Produced a monthly newsletter since June 2012
- Developed a website and Facebook page
- Other signage include a tear drop banner, leaflets, high viz vests etc.
- Regular news and TV stories about South Alive projects and events
- Organised South Alive public meetings, openings and launches
- Established the annual South Alive Trolley Derby
- Established the annual South Alive street party
- Established the annual summer Night Food Markets
- Summer Sounds concert at the South Alive Community Park
- Develop a South Invercargill trail guide to visit unique places of interest in South Invercargill
- Identify new ways to promote South Alive and identify our projects
- Organise more concerts in the summer including regular use of the stage in the community park
Current volunteer opportunities for Events & Marketing