Convenor:Contact South Alive office
Telephone: 218 6882
1. Communicate and publicise the objectives and projects of South Alive and all its Action Teams.
2. Develop or assist events and projects which promote community identification and local pride
What have we done?
- Developed the South Alive name / logo
- Produced a monthly newsletter since June 2012 (11 issues per year)
- Developed a website and Facebook page
- A yellow ‘South Alive’ letterbox moves around businesses in South Invercargill. It has information about South Alive and a sign-up registration form which can be ‘posted’ in the box
- Other signage include a tear drop banner, leaflets, high viz vests etc.
- Regular news and TV stories about South Alive projects and events
- Organised South Alive public meetings, openings and launches
- Summer Sounds concert at the South Alive Community Park in February 2014 and 2015
- Develop a South Invercargill trail guide to visit unique places of interest in South Invercargill
- Identify new ways to promote South Alive and identify our projects
- Organise more concerts in the summer including regular use of the stage in the community park
Current volunteer opportunities for Events & Marketing
As per individual availability
Coming up with, and implement, ideas for getting more people, in all the age groups, aware of South Alive and it’s projects
Willingness to help organise events Ideas for events